My post has a trim ring that sits at floor level, but essentially is the same as yours. I pulled at the tabbing and that washer appears to be at least 1/4 in. That is an unscientific estimate. And dusty crud came out. Trouble in River City.

Do I take a saw and cut out the pad. I looked at the floor this weekend to see if I could pull those two center planks, and that may be possible. One thought I had was to turn the pad very slightly oversize and then make a diagonal cut through the center. You could tap that in and fill it...I dunno. I keep hoping someone has done this and will speak up.

We had nice sails on Saturday and Sunday, but the winds were strange. Saturday I looked at the weather bouy on Stillwagen Bank and it was seeing 12-13 knots with gusts up to 16 kn. When we got out there about 2 PM, it was 5-7 knots but from the South. Sunday it was blowing a bit harder and from the E x SE and we got hit by a squall. Went back to Manchester under the main at 5 + kn. With lumps from Francis at 2-3 ft. Who needs roller coasters.