Thread: The album of Ariel #422

Threaded View

Kurt's interior planner!

That GIMP, what a great fun tool!
    I finding it difficult to figure out what's actual or what's virtual.
    But since it's a drawing, comments are acceptable, right?
    Anyway, the q'berth looks more comfortable now. If it isn't used for bunking, the stowage it represents is more accessable. AND it's still a settee. Tho you may have to sling a back support under the shelf?

Interesting you have brought the bridge deck forward. This would create athwartship stowage if it is designed as a locker with lids in the c'pit seats.
    But why not put the breaker and panel 'box' you show into the space above the berth? Design it as a door to provide access behind the displays.
    Then that table there might become the chart table, perhaps with a further pull out extension?

I like the 'sparse' ladder for the moment. (Not having kids, I favor three rungs.) Your cabinet placement lends me to see what might happen in 338. One thing I would toy with is to do away with the ladder and somehow design steps in the furniture, either pull-outs or fold-downs. Right? I have to do it because the only standing room inside is with the hatch open! So I would rather have the room to turn around in than the convenience of a stairway. If you have an inboard then this is probably moot.

Had a ladder once in another boat with wide rungs and stiles that was comfortable to climb, yet could be lifted, when below, and set back out of the way. You just pulled it forward again to use. It could also easily be removed to gain access under the cockpit. The legs were in sockets on the sole in climbing position and the top of the stiles were captured in slots in the counter. Didn't get a patent on it. Probably do it again.

Master stateroom double is the V-berth, right? With no pull-out settee in the main?
    Last edited by ebb; 12-06-2005 at 07:45 AM.