Thread: The album of Ariel #422

Threaded View

If I push the berth foot back 3' into the cockpit locker, that leaves 1' of berth extending beyond the edge of the current, original countertop. Then, notch the counter there a bit for a bit more leaning-back space. That would leave 3' of ex-berth area to put to use as a tabletop and a functional (if not super comfortable) seat on the other side of the table.

Alternative #1: Have no seat at the forward end, and a wider table coming off of the current, OEM drawer storage (this sounds better).

Alternative #2: Have a seat only at the forward side of the table, the table becoming an extension of the current countertop when it is raised/in place.

Alternative #2A: Get some of the hull shelf out of the way, and there could actually be a mini-L shaped seat around the table (table would need be small, and not extend to the hull, person sitting there would have their back to the hull).

Have to think on all these, and go measure the size and arrangement of the dinette on a Cal 25 at the other end of my dock. I want the table to be able to drop down and restore the berth normal function, in order to be able to use it as a berth in hot weather (for max air circulation over my sleeping body).
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by CapnK; 10-28-2005 at 02:14 PM.
    Kurt - Ariel #422 Katie Marie
    --------------------------------------------------
    sailFar.net
    Small boats, long distances...