Built up the 'strongback mating' piece somewhat more...

Trimmed the piece previously shown using the Rockwell tool (which is fast becoming my 'go-to tool' for this job...).

Name:  DSCF2268.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  71.5 KB

Labeled the piece generously, since the fit is different for vs aft against the overhead (tighter fit forward).

Name:  DSCF2269.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  73.3 KB

Shown with the mating piece is the scrap cutout from the cabin overhead liner. I intend to use this at the last layup in order to provide a nice flat surface for bonding against the overhead skin.

Name:  DSCF2270.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  67.3 KB

Glass cut and laid out for easy access. I positioned every full-width piece against the forward edge, smaller width pieces I laid slightly past the after edge in order to build a thicker section there.

Name:  DSCF2271.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  68.3 KB

Two resin mixing sessions later (the first one went off *fast*, too fast for me to layup all the glass at once), this is what i now have to work with. Have to trim it and measure, but I believe it is thick enough that I can lay on a paste of resin and colloidal for final forming, and then bond the liner scrap to it just prior to in-boat mounting. I put the overhead scrap piece against the resin when wet to make a 'pattern' of sorts so I know where to build up a bit more resin in the next step.

Name:  DSCF2272.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  65.0 KB