Thread: The album of Ariel #422

Threaded View

EMP does the job every time, sorry for wiping out your camera memory card that way...

Here's a pic, from back aways, I think Feb, but I added in some lines to show what's where (or going to be where). Right now I've started up in the vberth area, strbd side. After that I'll go to port, then the area behind the seat (which you can't see in the pic). That area is going to be the 'utility closet', and has enough vertical space to serve as a hanging wetlocker. The plan is to do the areas seen least, first. I am no skilled technician like Tony, Ebb, Geoff, and all the others that have gone before. I've also come to the conclusion that I am more than willing to have a less-than-perfect, more workmanlike finish, in the interest of getting it done a LOT quicker.

Also, a couple pics of the floaty-board-core material I am using for the interior construction. It's pink foam and either 1/8" door skin or 1/4" luan, bonded together with fiberglass and Gorilla Glue. The wood adds stiffness but mostly impact protection, and makes a construct tougher than just plain foam. I'll glass over the wood once it's all in place, for a bit more strength, and easy cleaning. The layer of glass between the wood and foam works *really* well - this is some tough stuff. It is almost unbreakable, even without the foam. I laugh when I hand someone a small piece of 1/4" cheap ply w/10oz cloth bonded on one side, and say "Break that". They always think it'll snap, but wind up having to use 2 hands and a *lot* of effort.
    Attached Images      
    Kurt - Ariel #422 Katie Marie
    --------------------------------------------------
    sailFar.net
    Small boats, long distances...