Thanks, Ebb.

I'll be able to have, at any point in time, "guest", but not "guests". It is a huge improvement in the 'sociability' of the cabin, I saw that last night with 2 different people at 2 different times. It's also made a huge difference in what it's like to be below when solo, being able to see all around outside while seated.

Have already considered adding some type of foot support which will be easily reachable while seated more-or-less athwartships in the dinette seat. It'll help not just when heeling, but also with shifting the position of your 'bum' every so often.

This dinette is high enough that there really is only room for one set of shoulders per seat. Eye-level is right at the top of the deadlight frame when seated. I need the height to use the counter space for sleeping feet, but with seats mounted a bit lower, and seats just a few inches wider (athwartships), the dinette would have room for 4 good friends.

When I talked to Jim of "Atom" a couple weeks ago, he brought up the fact that many folks talk about mildew in closed lockers, but that he didn't see anywhere near enough for it to be considered a problem. He agreed with me that on a small boat, you go into your lockers often enough that they remain ventilated to the point that mildew worries are over-rated.

AFA waterproof lockers - dividing the wide-open interior of a boat up into many smaller spaces that can be sealed well enough, even if not *totally* waterproof, to slow a leak to a trickle would make a big difference in the case of flooding. Though I am of course shooting for 'waterproof', I'll be content with something that will be at least 'very slow leaking' until I can effect a repair...

I don't think that the bulkheads line up on the actual waterline anywhere, as factory-built. Even if we put them at or above the waterline, they'll be underwater mostly when heeled while sailing, right? I'm trying instead to put in all of my flotation below the line at which the transverse stringer runs along the hull at the shelves. That's as far as I am willing to sink.