Good to hear from you again Capt.

Your last post brings up four easily found, and valid points. To address your first post today..I dunno. Everything is fair game, right?

You could easily add thickness where needed for backing plates and around ports* using small pieces of teak or other suitable wood. While sanding and filling over head is no fun, our cabin top is quite a small area and could easily be knocked out in a weekend (albeit a full weekend). It would go much quicker than the shimming, clamping, filling and sanding, filling and sanding, filling and sanding course I pursued, and, in retrospect, a far more practical and attractive route. I say go for it!

What about the cockpit conversion? What has been happening on that front? I can't wait to see the setees/berth start to take shape. That will really define the area. I really like what you got going on with KM, and find the duration between your posts dang near unbearable.

*I was recently on James Baldwin's site looking at the '72 Alberg 30 he finished. The way he instaled the portlites in the main salon really caught my eye. It is indeed the K.I.S.S. principle in practice, and a far more elegant solution than I came up with. I wanted nice wood trim around the ports, but made it so ungodly complicated. Eh, some have it, some..not so much.