Thread: Interior drawings via GIMP

Threaded View

Thumbs up Katie Marie's interior

Capt Kurt,
    Aside from your wonderful artwork, really impressive tool, your interior is absolutely right on. Might I ask what you intend for the portside you've left low in what looks like the original settee height and position? Perhaps the galley?

Being a large person, I've found it nearly impossible to find enough length to plan in for sleeping. Or enough width for two, should that be an option. Even thought of an athwartship layout. Need 7 feet! I can 'see' a pullout from the highside to make the double - unless it is the low side you'ld pull out for that purpose?

I'm going to work in a 1/2 dinette or chart table also in the 6" UP because for night time sailing being able to lean on something and look out the windows is imperitive. Like counting lighthouse becons along a pitch black coast. I feel more comfortable being able to look out the window sailing or not! And I'ld rather sit than stoop. Raising the horizontals makes for important stowage, too. Your design does that and keeps the interior of the Ariel from looking stuffed. Can easily see that in your drawing. Course we'll see when all the carpentry, cushions, and gear are in!

You (and the Gimp) have also opened another hatch (of opportunity) for a new owner or someone new out there thinking of buying an Ariel to imagine how to renovate these exceptional older boats. You're making it more certain that the A/Cs will continue to sail on into another four decades.

Please give us s'more! Especially your aft view!

Just visited Peter Baumgartner's Cape Dory 27 site http://www.pbaumgartner.com
    It is an extensive restoration that generated a book from Capt. P. The site opens with a rear view of the boat as found. I am jealous of the extra volume that the CD27 has - but still and forever, Ariel's butt looks like Marilyn's next to the Mae West or Monika of the CD27! M m m m m m!
    Last edited by ebb; 02-24-2005 at 06:14 AM.