Ebb

I hear ya, man. I am by no way an EE. Not even a rank novice and for over a month now I've been reading about panels and regulators and controllers and flooded and gels and three stage and four stage and hydros and wind and blah-blah-blah! There seems to be much discussion out there regarding the topic. And every time some one says 'I did this.' some one else sez, 'oh, you would have been better off doing this instead.' The manuals seem to be, largely, nuts and bolts. Put tab A in slot B.

I'm just going for the basic, minimal system. No desire to be the best set-up out there. Nav lights and radio are my main concern. The refer doesn't have to be full time. It would be ideal given the amount of money, weight and space given up for it. Interior lighting will be some LEDs and a lamp or two maybe one of them cold somthin flourescents.

A bigger boat and it would be okay to 'have it all'. Sure, you have to continually fix things because they're breaking down, but, come on-fixing a refer on your own boat in a nice little bay somewhere warm...I'd do it. A self-realized workaholic and yet a lazy-@$$ I think that would be the perfect retirement for me. It'll all get done when it gets done. Relax mon, everything is gonna be all right! Adapt and make the best of what you have. Look on the bright side and stuff like that. Or my all time favorite, People don't stop playing because they get old. They get old because they stop playing.