+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sailing an Ariel to Hawaii and back

Hybrid View

Heard elsewhere.....

In another thread Eric said;

[size=3]
    [size=3]I am now in dania beach florida on an Islander wayfarer 29.has anyone seen my old boat???it probably still has the black and white paint finnish on the mast.I would really like to know where it is?[/size]
    Eric, do you remember the hull number?

Anyone ever see it?[/size]

s/v 'Faith'

1964 Ariel #226
    Link to our travels on Sailfar.net

unkown hull number--cali-reg cf7229cb

no I dont remember it.It was purchased from the broker by a guy with the last name of Anderson I recall.he may have shipped it to texas,however it was last seen by me in morro bay california.the reg numbers---cf7229cb.he did paint the hull white.but the mast was still black and white.it probably still has the teltale parrallel forestays---that would be a giveaway.no reason to undo that.---that was an added plus.

the full story

How does one get a copy of the unbridged version of the Starcrest saga?
    To error is human
    To Sail is divine... Book of French

Thumbs up I cant wait to read it my self

I am interested in reading what I had to say....

Eric, Many thanks for the excellent read! Those Ariels (and you skippers) are amazing.

I am a little curious about the outboard problems? I've always been an OMC user, and seldom had any problems with Johnson/Evinrude. I was awfully impressed with the sailors using a Mercury ob while sailing from Chicago>Panama>San Francisco - never a problem.

Exclamation basically just lack of maintainence

I really dont know what the problem was.as far as I am concerned outboards are like this----usem' once and throwem' away.also there is safety in numbers.the next time I do sumpin' like dat I will have more than one bran' spankinnu outboard well maintained

Post Eric Sails Over The Horizon

Stu Davidson, Eric Davidson’s father, sent us the following message:

My son Eric Davidson passed today, March 26, 2007. He was very active on your web site and had sailed several times from Ventura, CA to the big Island, Hawaii. Eric was several days from turning 39 years old.

Eric was a quiet person. He was very modest, hated to be center of attraction and although he did not like to admit to the fact, he was a person that was comfortable to be alone with himself, with his thoughts, always planning, thinking. I can remember this when he was a child always pruning his hair thinking in deep thought. Eric, was single, never married, had interesting women, but no children. When his brother Evan passed, Eric wanted to have this saying inscribed on Evan’s grave: "We will all miss him until we are with him."

Eric was a radiology technician and died of thyroid cancer.
    Last edited by Bill; 03-28-2007 at 04:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread