+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ariel (483?) for sale on E-bay

Post Ariel (483?) for sale on E-bay

Came across this one on E-Bay

HELLO THERE,THIS AUCTION IS FOR A 1965 PEARSON ARIEL 26' BOAT IS KNOWN AS A 26' BUT ON THE TITLE IT STATES IT AS A 25.7 I WANT TO LET EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT YOU CAN FIND OUT EVERYTHING AND ALL THE SPEC'S ABOUT THE PERSON ARIEL 26' BY GOING TO YOUR SEARCH AND TYPE IN PERSON ARIEL THERE IS A WEB PAGE JUST FOR THE PERSON ARIEL 26'.

OK ABOUT THIS PEARSON ARIEL 26' I HOLD A CLEAR FLORIDA STATE TITLE. TITLE NO. 0143134 MODEL YEAR 1965,HULL IDENTIFICATION NO. FL4830AE HULL LENGHT 25.7

BOAT HAS BEEN IN WATER FOR SOME TIME BEHIND HOME.IT HAS A ATOMIC 4 ENGINE IN THE BOAT THAT TURNS OVER BY HAND CRANK,BUT DOES NOT TURN OVER BY BUTTON.HOWEVER WHEN YOU TURN THE KEY AND THEN PUSH THE BOTTON,IT IS MAKING CONTACT,I THINK THE STARTER IS DEAD,STARTRT SHOULD BE REBUILT,HOUR METER RUNS,I THINK THERE IS A FEW HUNDERED HOURS ON THE METER.BLOWER WORKS.STARBORT AND PORT RUNNING LIGHT WORK.INTERIOR LIGHT WORK,TRANSOM LIGHT DOES NOT COME ON.I WOULD THINK THE ENGINE WOULD RUN FINE,IT HAS JUST BEEN SITTING FOR SOME TIME.I HAVE A TON OF GASTKETS AND A STARTER REPAIR KIT ECT.THE INTERIOR OF THE BOAT NEEDS WORK,THE STEPS WERE TAKING OUT ALONG WITH THE SINK.I HAVE SOME TEAK OR MAHOGANY WOOD AT MY HOME THAT GOES TO CERTAIN PARTS OF THE INTERIOR SUCH AS ONE OF THE SWINGING VERTICAL WOOD BLIND DOOR FOR THE FORWARD CABIN AND SO ON.IF YOU LOOK AT THE PICTURE THAT HAS A BUNCH OF PARTS TILLER ECT.THAT ALL GOES WITH THE BOAT IT IS CURRENTLY IN MY DRIVEWAY.BOAT HAS A NEWER GAS TANK INSTALLED ON THE STARBORT SIDE LOCKER IN THE COCKPIT.BOAT NEEDS TO BE PAINTED FOR SHE DOESN'T LOOK SO GOOD RIGHT NOW.COUSINS ARE THERE BUT COULD USE A GOOD CLEANING,WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE ENGINE YOU WILL SEE THAT THERE IS SEVERAL PAINT CHIPS AROUND.I HAVE RECENTLY PRESSURE WASHED THE BOAT AND PAINT CHIPS WENT IN THE CABIN FROM THE OUTSIDE,I HAVE FOUND SOME SOFT SPOTS HERE AND THERE ON THE CABIN TOP.OVER ALL BOAT NEEDS SOMONE TO GIVE IT THE TENDER LOVING CARE SHE NEEDS,I AM SELLING THE BOAT CHEAP.SO SOMEONE WILL GET A DECENT BOAT AT A CHEAP PRICE,BID WHAT YOU WILL WANT TO PAY FOR THE PEARSON.MAIN SAIL WAS COVERED WITH A COVER AND A TARP,I JUST UNCOVERED IT ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO,I HAVE THE OLD SAIL COVER IF YOU WANT TO USE AS A TEMPLET.THERE IS A MAIN SAIL AND A JIB.AND A STORM SAIL THAT GOES WITH THE BOAT,THEY SEAM TO BE DECENT.I WOULD THINK THAT THEY WOULD GET THE JOB DONE,I WOULDN'T CROSS THE OCEAN WITH THEM.THERE IS A DECENT BATTERY ON THE BOAT AND SEAMS TO RUN THE BILGE PUMP OK.IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PERSON ARIEL 26'PLEASE EMAIL ME OR CALL ME AT MY HOME AT 904-772-7177 BOAT IS LOCATED IN JACKSONVILLE BEACH FLORIDA.

Link to E-bay add

Last edited by Bill; 12-06-2004 at 09:30 AM.

Talking Dirty cousins????

COUSINS ARE THERE BUT COULD USE A GOOD CLEANING

Talking Look what else I came across!`

The high bidder on this one, also sold another boat that looks pretty familure.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...&category=1297

The name on the transom is BOSUMBIRD, but it sure looks like
    "The Way"!!! it was purchased in Grease,

Bosunbird is a well-traveled vessel. Under a different name and flag, her former owner sailed her across the Pacific and Indian Oceans and up the Red Sea before ending his travels in Greece. New owners in 2001 reported that they gave this boat a complete renovation: fresh bottom, topside, deck, and interior paint, a new nonskid deck surface, refinished woodwork, new cockpit and quarter berth cushions, mainsail cover, stainless steel yacht cleats, lifelines, replacement of all worn rigging, and electrical rewiring. At the time of the current lay-up, the boat is still very clean and good looking and all systems were working.
    Cool huh?
    Last edited by c_amos; 12-03-2004 at 12:37 PM.

NOT 483

It's not # 483. Only 440 Ariels were made.

It was a guess

Based on the FL HIN. I know I tried to include mine in the HIN I was issued, but wound up with some foolish 17 digit number

Isn't that boat a Commander?

No, it's an Ariel

Quote Originally Posted by mbd
    Isn't that boat a Commander?
    The boat pictured, (the picture of which I got from the E-Bay add) is an Ariel.

(longer cabin, large windows)

Arrow In case I misunderstand you.

Quote Originally Posted by c_amos
    The boat pictured, (the picture of which I got from the E-Bay add) is an Ariel.

(longer cabin, large windows)
    If your question is 'would that HULL number make it a Commander' then this quote from Bill should answer it;

Ariels and Commanders are numbered serially as are all production yachts. The Ariel is numbered from 1 to 440. The Commander is numbered from 1 to somewhere around 370. (The highest numbered Commander we have identified is 337.) Ariel production began in 1962 and ended in 1966 or 1967. The Commander was produced beginning about a year after the Ariel and its production is believed to have ended in the same year as the Ariel.

OK on the hull #'s. But I gotta say - I just TRIPLE checked those pictures from your link to E-Bay. Two oval portals, compression post in the cabin - that's gotta be a Commander!

...Oh, wait a minute. Ah ha! I was talking about "BOSUMBIRD" in Greece, not your picture from ealier in the thread! Gotcha, misunderstood, my bad.

Humbly,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mbd
    OK on the hull #'s. But I gotta say - I just TRIPLE checked those pictures from your link to E-Bay. Two oval portals, compression post in the cabin - that's gotta be a Commander!

...Oh, wait a minute. Ah ha! I was talking about "BOSUMBIRD" in Greece, not your picture from ealier in the thread! Gotcha, misunderstood, my bad.

Humbly,
    Mike
    Sorry Mike, did not mean to mess you up.

+ Reply to Thread