That white sanitation hose is a nightmare. I tried heating the hose, lubing it, working it. Once you make a connection you can't twist the hose anymore and it becomes a real struggle to connect the other end. Connections with a barb or a ridge were nearly impossible.

I tried a heat gun, and I probably could have softened the hose with enough heat, but I was afraid of leaving the hose weakened.

I just kept trying to force the hose on. The only thing that got the hose on was pure animal aggression.

At one point I started to doubt myself. It must be my fault. Maybe I'm some weak girlie-man who can't get these hoses on.

Whenever a friend stopped by the boat I would have them take a shot. They huffed and they puffed but they couldn't do it either.

After I got most of the connections made I bought some of the other brand of white sanitation hose. Same problem. Then I bought some of the black wire reinforced sanitation hose. This worked a little easier.

Sanitation hose is so stiff and non-pliable because its non-permeable. You don't need that kind of hose on the drains. Other types of hose may be just as strong but easier to use.