Ahh - I see what you mean about using a pice of angle as a floor - good idea. Maybe of Titanium, so no corrosion worries. ;D Seriously tho - galvanized, bedded in and coated with epoxy - the galvy finish wouldn't ever need replacing, right? So sealed it wouldn't corrode, couldn't wear off, and would be good basically forever - or am I missing something?

Whaddabout you put the coupling in the *middle* of the post, and lengthen/adjust the post just like you do a turnbuckle?

Ian's book mentions having a socket for the top of the pole to sit in - like you, I would want that plenty deep enough to know it isn't going to pop out of place if everything was going crazy. Especially if everything was going crazy...

Question for you, since you've done it already: Regarding evening up the gap twixt the house and the liner @ portlights - I was looking thru McMasterCarr website, wondering if some of their pre-made FRP slab could be put into place with epoxy to make it a uniform thickness. Would doing so maybe be easier/quicker than the method you used with thick paste? If so, what thickness would be needed, IYO? Thx.