+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Commander sink option? does anyone have this?

All Ariels and Commanders have a water tank under the V-berth. As noted in the manual, the early boats came with a galvanized steel tank. Later tanks were Monel (a high grade aircraft aluminum). Several skippers have removed the older tanks and converted the space to storage. In our case, we were able to replace the galvanized with a Monel tank obtained from a skipper who was redesigning his boat's interior.

Live in: Ocqueoc, Mi Home Port: Drummond Island, MI

Water Tank

Yes, we did and still do have the old water tank under the V-Berth. We converted that to a holding tank last spring for our head that we installed in place of a porta-potty. There are pictures of it in the gallery. I think there might be something here in the technical discussion on it.

I like having a "real" head vs. a porta-potty. It is a nice "luxury" for the boat.

Fair Winds
    Liz Fagel
    s/v Fagel Attraction II
    Pearson Commander #75

Arrrgghhhhhh...

My Commander had a fiberglass tank and I pulled it when I realized and looked to confirm that the gelcoat was mush. So now I am tankless and looking in all the wrong places??? There is a song in there somewhere!

The prior owner had installed a bladder under the port V-Berth just forward of the partition, with a Y-valve to the outlet, for the head.

The net result is that my Commander does sit slightly bow high and the water gatherer in the lazerette works better than ever.

BTW, is there a source for the checkvalve on the sink? I have to jiggle the beast with a length of coat hanger every once in a while to prove who is master (if not Commander......heh)
    John G.
    Valhalla
    Commander No 287

+ Reply to Thread