+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nissan 6 HP 4 cycles

Hybrid View

I've been fighting the ethanol fuel issues for several years now . I was happy to see that Tohatsu now has a new 5 hp/6 horse power propane fueled engine similar to the gasoline powered one in all respects. Since it was designed based on the same motor that we all have and love, it shouldn't have the mechanical issues of the LEHR propane engines which are cheaply manufactured in China. I don't know – – it looks like they made the tiller 5 inches longer which means it may not fit in our well anymore! The dimensions look exactly the same as the models most of us have however, the length from the back of the Motor cowling to the very front tip of the tiller goes from 26 inches to 31 inches, 5 inches more. And this isn't just on this propane model, it's on all the models and it looks like they have increased length of the tiller. Hmmmm. If the tiller only rotates as far back as my current motor does that would leave a couple inches of the tiller sticking up preventing closure of the lid to the well. If I were to try to put one of these motors into the well with the tiller facing into the cockpit and sticking through the opening instead of vertically, that may be hard to do or maybe impossible. I guess I'll have to see . Anyone have one of the new models with the longer tiller? How does it fit? These motors are very reliable mechanically. But I'm afraid that the gasoline we have to put in them causes us to have to take exceptional actions to keep them running reliably .
    Last edited by Hull376; 02-25-2018 at 04:22 PM.
    Kent

+ Reply to Thread