I want to thank Bill Phelon for pulling together this years Hoppe Regatta. It was good to get together and see old friends and share tales. I really appreciate Bills efforts, and hope he knows how much he means to our association.

I was very disappointed not seeing more of our new members there. Out of the forty something boats that are registered in the S.F. bay area I was the only one at the start line for the cruise around the island. To my knowledge I was the only one who even got on his boat that day. I don't understand why people join a fleet organization and then don't participate in the events we host. Maybe I look at things different buy if I am going to pay to join something I am at least going to try to get something out of it. I sail a lot on Pathfinder and I see people (fleets) sailing around all the time with each other. They seem to be having a good time.(?) Geez we even sailed right through a fleet of Olson 25's on our way to the dinner and they even looked like they were enjoying it! Maybe our members just like to waddle around in an eddie and figure that is what sailing is all about.

Enough of my ranting. Thanks to Bill and Gene Roberts and all those who attended. It was fun, the food was great, the tales and tips were funny and helpful, and I look forward to the next time we all get together........ Anyone want to go sailing??.........ed