+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: stripping the bottom

Bill/ebb:

Yes I agree. There are plenty of imperfections but hell the boat is 42 years old! No Bondo. Only one repair on the leading edge of the keel and it looks pretty good.

Bill FYI my wife saw Periwinkle here on the website and is now insistent they we paint the topsides of Arthur dark blue! Great, my first sailboat paint job and we have to use the most difficult colour . "I" also like your cream decks but I think "we" are going with traditional white. Blue trinidad for bottom and a white boot stripe and we will be good to go! Thanks for providing such a fantastic looking boat for inspiration and a goal to work towards. If Arthur looks half as nice we will be very pleased!

Andrew
    Last edited by Westgate; 03-31-2008 at 05:37 PM.

Andrew, you are not the only one who has fallen victim to the allure of Bill's paint job. It is indeed nice! Bill, did I see a recent reference that you were a COUPLE weeks away from launch?

thanks, the paint it getting a little tired after 5 seasons. A couple hours with the buffer will put it right this year. i may repaint the hull next year (but that moves the launch date to the middle of May in order to get good painting weather in southern New England). This season my launch window is the third week of April (meaning the boat needs to be ready at 0800 on the 14th). That's not far away.

p.s. my earliest launch to date was april fools day. (burr!)
    Last edited by bill@ariel231; 04-01-2008 at 12:58 PM.

Bill I 'm sure you have said so elsewhere but what was the colour and type of paint?

Andrew

Most of the topside paint on A-231 is Interlux.

The Decks: Interdeck "Cream" (YJC089) for the horizontal surfaces and Brightside Polyurethane "White" (4359) against the vertical surfaces.

The Hull: Brightside Polyurethane "Dark Blue" (4316) with a Rustoleum "Sunflower Yellow" Bootstripe

Bottom is Interlux Fiberglass Bottomkote ACT - "Gray White" (7740B)

for Hull color, the "Sapphire Blue" (4241) is growing on me that may be my next paint job.

+ Reply to Thread