I should think out loud a bit more here on the stove issues...

IF I still lived on the Commander, and IF it were still just me, I'd probably have abandoned the propane locker idea by now. IF.

The only reason the Triton gets propane is the 2 burner range with oven...and there are a few key reasons I have that going on:

1--I got one out of the dumpster in a condition that I was able to repair and make look nice.

2--Mary (actually a "Maria") is a 20-year-plus food professional/kitchen manager type, plus she is of good Italian-Portugese stock (she claims this has something to do with it...) and likes to cook. Maiden name was Del'Toro, as in bull, as in sometimes I know not to argue too much.

3-- the range I "mined" was of the so-called european compact size. There is very little functional difference between that and the so-called standard 2-burner size but a great difference in the weight and amount of space it takes up. I have , however, seen the good old 2 burner-and-oven Hillerange/Seaward Princess used for 250.00 (of course, you'll spend some $$ making that special work right.). I've seen the kerosene version for less than that! Rarely see a deal on the compact ones, and I would not be running out to spend 1300.00 on a new stove!

4--Fuel availability. Used to be you could get kero. in every teeny corner of the world, but all my voyaging friends advise that now the only fuel you are likely to find on a teeny atoll is propane. Kero still happens fairly easily, but not as easily as the propane. Alcohol? You must be joking! Suppose you could burn everclear...and you can get the alcohol burner for the old optimus-based seaswings, BTW (got one just in case!)

5--Grandma's coffee cake recipe.

6--Jiffy blueberry muffins.

7--Tater tot casserole.

You can bake on a single burner, too, though.
Our friends James and Mei Baldwin aboard the twice-circumnavigating Triton 384 (ATOM) make do with a single-burner primus-type stove and are very happy about it. On that basis I had gotten out from under the range until M (usually until that point all squeamish about my regularly reaching into marina and boatyard dumpsters, or hanging the kid in by the ankles if I couldn't reach) spotted the Eno range. "STOVE!!! DAVID!!! STOVE!!! LET's GET IT!!!). LOL!!!

Dave