Thread: Galley Cooktop Choices?

Threaded View

cooking

Ok
    Force 10 makes a one-burner 8" diameter capacity Seacook stove that retails around $120.
    It uses a 16.4 ox propane bottle. I've read these little bottles are available world wide. Bottles can be taken off partially filled and put back on again at will. Adapters are available for foreign bottles.

Kuhn-Rikon has a 50 yr Anniversary Pressure Cooker that is 8" diameter and 3 3/4 qt capacity. Available around here for $115. There is also a more expensive pressure cooker of the same dimensions and capacity.

It would be great if there was a marriage here. The problem is whether the cooker will fit into the stove. The special has no front handle (opposite the long handle) and over the phone the salesman said the hndle on the special was 'longer.'

I'm going to persue this, as this brand new stuff option is a lot cheaper than a new s.s. box stove.

IMCO there is no safe cockpit propane locker type refit/remodel for the A/Cs. Unless you can figure a straight thru unrestricted drain-vent at all angles of heel a cockpit locker is too close to the waterline.

Bottles will have to be stored above seat level to be safe and, probably, legal. On a cruiser, I personally would not completely trust an 'ammo' box type stowage for the one pound bottles down below.
    Last edited by ebb; 12-04-2003 at 10:46 AM.