Microwave????
To each his own, I guess...

I had one of the Glowmaster butane stoves and liked it pretty well, the canisters are spendy and that part was a pain. Seemed like I always ran out of gas in the last cannister when my dinner was 1/2 done.

I've been really happy with the propane Magma grill. Be sure and buy one of those little orange airtight boxes to put the propane cannisters in if you want to store them safely down below. It is also well worth buying the stand-alone base for the grill so you can use it on the beach. I have the so-called "stove/BBQ combo", which comes in handy when it's time to boil up the crabs. If I had to do it again, I'd spring for the oversized "party-size" model. No one I know who bought the charcoal model has been truly happy...some have said they were, with a pained expression!

Personally I am not crazy about alcohol stoves just because they don't burn all that hot, and in a lot of places finding the alcohol is a pain. If you ever were to go south with the boat you'd be really hard pressed for fuel. There are lots of old 2-burner Kero. stoves out there for nearly free...parts are still available if you look around. If you dislike the smell, you can splurge and run it on lamp oil.

For a single burner stove, the old seaswing is hard to beat. If you look hard in the seajunk stores you can find the kerosene models for 75.00 (primo) or less (project). Most of the parts for the optimus stove they use are common items you can get at the industrial supply house, and if there are parts you can't, they are still available plentifully as long as you do not mind mailing away to England. FWIW, I have 3 different friends who live aboard year round and have no cooking apparatus other than a kerosene SeaSwing. One of the fellows uses it as his heater, too, by upending a small saucepan over a low flame.

In the Triton, I am installing a 2-burner propane range but also carrying a kero. seaswing as a backup and for particularly foul Wx...you really have to see how well that gimbal works to believe it! In addition is the trusty magma grill.

I grew up with alcohol stoves, and I'd say also that you can get some great deals on the old pressurized ones...and that I think the hysteria about them as a safety hazard is really overrated hooey so that everyone would buy new stoves. It's a fire-breathing item, and like anything else that is on fire in a confined space needs to be respected, right?
All the same, after using butane, propane, and kero., I'd be hard-pressed to EVER want a cold-burning alcohol stove in my boat again.
Supposedly a butane stove burns hottest, but I had a race with my buddy and his seaswing...and lost. His water boiled first even tho I had a headstart while he screwed around for 30 seconds lighting it!

Dave