+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A-376 Afloat

And front to back. Hey Tony, I know you love pictures, but don't look at those curtains too long or you'll go blind. Say Ebb, you been researching what you're going to paste on your portlights? Haven't heard anything on this subject. Maybe we need to start a "bilious, hilarious, awful" curtain thread!
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Hull376; 12-10-2004 at 07:45 PM.
    Kent

OOOPs. Forgot to put this pic of the V berth in. Look really close and you can see the "Suck-In" cheapo fan doing its thing!
    Attached Images  
    Kent

Kent,

Not only is it a beautiful boat, but it's not being pelted by freezing rain and snow.

I'm envious. Tony

Kent, keep the photos coming!
    What kind of boat is that?
    Does it have an enclosed head?
    Sauna?

ebb will no doubt go on and on and on
    and on
    about his deadlight situation - which is
    different, mind you, than mounting wood.

Aough oh... (here he goes)
    I don't think the original installation can
    be made water resistent without filling
    the space between liner and sides, like
    what is shown in the Gallery photos.
    Will seriously consider using BoatLife's
    hybrid sillythane for the outside frame.

[want to get in the pit with ebb on this,
    let's start or find an old subject thread...]

I am thinking about getting the outside
    frame on first like a week ahead and then
    putting the lights together from the inside.
    Will research the butyl option as the lexan
    has to float between inner and outer
    frames to get a true seal.

To do that, the lex has to be prebent.
    Not a biggy. Just has to be done. Good
    winter project!!!
    Last edited by ebb; 12-11-2004 at 09:14 AM.

Wink peeling back the tape

hi Kent I was just admiring the fine job you have done on 376. The picture of it on the hard just after the paint job reminds me of 2 things. 1 - Albergs fine underbodies make them look as good out of the water as in it ! 2 - it made me think of an article I read in cruising world by Bernedette Bernon on that "majic moment" when after all your work you can finally "peel back the tape" step back..and look at the finished product you"ve created. How as you peel it back ...the boat comes to life. I am sure you were very proud when you "peeled the tape" on 376 !! Job WELL DONE ! #50

Smith Point Or Bust

I went with about 10 other sailing vessels to Smith Point this past weekend. Only 15 miles by water from Houston's Clear lake, but a hundred miles by land. It was a different world. Nothin but oystermen, shrimpers, and birds. One of the boats caught this pic of us just underway
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Hull376; 08-11-2006 at 08:40 PM.
    Kent

I just noticed in Post #12 there seems to be a "cove" on the right where your counter top follows up under the port cockpit seat. This confused me, because my back splash is straigh accross, from under the c'way from what I imagine is the well in the cockpit floor, to the port hull side.

Edit: Also your boom seems high, is it on a track or on a fixed mount? I was thinking about ditching the down-haul track. (does it make sense to have a down haul and a winch on the hallard?)
    Last edited by tha3rdman; 08-09-2006 at 05:09 AM.
    #97 "Absum!"

My family has owned this boat forever, but I think at one point in time my dad or one of his buddies might have decided they wanted to have more storage around the galley area, and so there is this cut that then extends the counter top to a shelf which extends into the port cockpit hatch area. FYI, to better air condition the boat in this Texas heat, I made a cover to fill in the hole. I still use the shelf, but access it through the port cockpit hatch.

And yes, my boom is on a track on the mast....... this boat came that way.
    Kent

They are beautiful...

Quote Originally Posted by Hull376 View Post
    Don't make fun of the curtains. My daughter picked em out. I didn't have the heart to tell her "NO."
    Your daughter has impeccable taste!!
    Joe Haney
    S/V Sirocco

Haul-Out

Took 376 out this week for a look at the bottom (in the water for two years, ugh!). Y'all better keep a zinc on your rudder shoes (see post in technical). The yard crew kept asking how old the boat was. They said that the glass on the bottom was in far better shape than many newer boats they work on. Previous bottom was Interlux ACT ablative, had about 10 barnacles, after pressure washing, no paint left! Put Micron CSC on this time--- see how that works.
    Attached Images  
    Kent

A couple more pics.
    Attached Images  
    Kent

Almost back in the drink. I wonder what happens if a stray radio signal is received by the remote controlled haul out beast? I wouldn't want to be around to see it. I didn't want to ask the guy operating it (yellow wireless control around his neck) what happens if his batteries go dead.
    Attached Images  
    Kent

This was fun... before the engine quit on the way in

Good Friday on Galveston Bay. A passing sailboat snapped a couple of pics then sent them to me. On the way in to Kemah, the Nissan 4 stroke 6hp banger died. So rather than panic, I pulled out the jib and sailed to my dock. Remember these are sailboats! And Chalupa (Ariel docked at Seabrook) came past me just at the right time--- to watch me continue to sail my way in. The Nissan just needed the carb cleaned. The fuel had evaporated out of it over the past two months and ---- well, you know the rest.
    Attached Images  
    Kent

ebb, one more for you

ebb, I assume you still never get tired of looking at more pictures.
    Attached Images  
    Kent

GREAT shots !! Pretty boat ;-)

+ Reply to Thread