+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rotting away and lost in the Bay!

1 vote for enclosing the lazarette. Somehow having a way to ship water directly into the bilge would bother me. The amount of water that can come in through the well when you have the rail buried is surprising. It seems like the drain holes might be a little bit custom. I have a 1" drain that angles aft in the lowest part of the lazarette and is more vertical than those shown here. It drains the slosh from the well without any problem and doesn't take on any water. Baffles are a very good idea. Might be an interesing topic of discussion to find out the various solutions out there.

Tom

How early? Boats around here up to at least #76 came without the area enclosed. All were enclosed by owners, so you find a variety of fixes. Some, I'm sure were influenced by the later factory revisions. The owner installed drain in #76, for example, was originally a 1/4" bronze pipe. I have since enlarged the drain to about 1-inch. The ss covering bracket for the ob, however, cuts about a 1/3rd of that.
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread