My wife is again asking if radar can be installed on Valhalla. I can't see any technical issues, but there are a few physical ones.
Both JRC and Furuno make radars with small domes (12-18") and relatively small display heads. These would not take up tremendous space.

I already have my GPS on a swingout mount from the starboard side of the cabin entry. Has anyone installed radar and if so, where is the display head mounted? I would be tempted to see if the radar display head will display my GPS info, and I would finally remove the loran and mount the radar low and to port on a swing away mount.

The other issue is the pipe through the cabin top that connects the mast to the compression tube. I just installed a new combo deck/steaming light on the mast and the wires plus my VHF cable pretty much fill up that pipe. It was interesting to pull the 3 wires for the new lights out through that small hole in the bottom of the compression tube as well. Has anyone done any alternative wiring and what paths did you use?

Thanks to everyone as usual. Where did summer really go??

John Graves
Valhalla
Commander No 284