Mike,

I have placed a number of orders through Garhauer, both by phone, and at boat shows here on the West Coast. It is a family owned and family run business. I have never experienced problems. The personnel with whom I have spoken have been very accommodating, friendly and helpful. When I wanted a stock part altered, I was able to speak with the engineer who designed the part. Where else can you do that? Delivery has been prompt, and the light (steel-bearing) block series is superb. I don't buy anyone else's blocks if a steel-bearing block fits the application. Also their lifting davit is a piece of functional, indestructible art. I am very pleased with the Garhauer products that I have purchased and thrilled to be able to buy that quality at a very reasonable price. My suggestion is to call them again and ask to speak with Mark Garhauer, or any member of the Garhauer family. I recommend that you convey your concerns directly to them, before you give up on the firm. I have found them all very accommodating, knowledgeable and ready to please. I think that you will be happy with the products they provide if the product in question fits your application.