+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: water tank

tankage

this may be elsewhere in the forum, but who has sucessfully replaced their bow water tank with another bow tank?
    i read the manual, and it gave sketchy details about where to go, but if anyone has successfully done it, which company/model number did you go for?
    and this isn't limited to just the bow tanks, has anybody done the homework on which saddle tanks would fit under the forward berth, between the bow tank and the main bulkhead/strongback?

just wondering. i was attempting to go from the ariel lines drawing in the manual to get an estimated space envelope for saddle tanks under the forward berth, but never really got far on that.

much thanks!
    -km
    aka, "sell out"
    S/V Beyond the Sea
    C&C 35 mkIII

Also...has anybody added a holding tank? If so, I'd be interested in details.

Please review the earlier posts. This subject has been discussed.

water tank

Spent the afternoon ripping the watertank out of the forepeak. What a bear of a job, but the Sawzall won. Nice space for a locker.

If the water tank is one of the Monel models, I think there is someone on the board who would like to purchase it.

Not unless they were a good welder, it is in several pieces and it is very rusty , so I'd say it is plain steel. The inside was all rusted up bad , the outside was like new except around the filler cap . The baffle inside was paper thin and crumbled away.

Mike
    A bear of a job indeed! Was your water tank held in with some blue resin-like globs? If so, what was that stuff? It sure made a mess with the grinder.
    Are you intendeing to put in another water tank of some sort somewhere? What kind of locker? Tony G

Tony,
    My tank was glassed in with regular resin that looked like the rest of the hull. It had a strip of glass about 6" wide down P&S sides of the top of the tank. I just took an old chisel and got under the edge and worked it loose. Hard to believe it was still holding since 1962, not bad for polyester.
    It will be a general storage locker, for spares and items not needed on a regular basis, since it is under the vee-berth. I'll take some photos of the hole I made and the old tank in the dumpster.

Tank Parts

The wide end.
    Attached Images  

The rest of the tank

see how rusty the inside is.
    Attached Images  

Glass tabs

Part of the tabs that held it in place.
    Attached Images  

Vee Berth

The hole it came out of.
    Attached Images  

Looks like the photo in the manual

Very definately one of the early galvanized steel tanks Pearson used. Someone once said that galvanized tankage was an old wooden boat thing . .

Yep, I removed a galvanised water tank in 1977 from a wooden boat I had, it was built in 1954. That was no fun job either, had to colapse it and pull it out through the engine hatch.

Water Tank

Holy Crap! It's deja vu all over again. This year fitting out when I went to replace the water line from the tank to the electric pump the tank nipple came loose and the whole tank emptied into the bilge. Now the nipple just flops around and I havn't looked into fixing it yet. Any pix on how the tank discharge fitting (Monel tank) is attached? Anyone?
    ()-9

+ Reply to Thread