Egad, I know this subject has been beaten to death, but I did say I would report on the installation of this motor into my Ariel this spring. Being the same outside as the 8hp, it fit perfectly into the hull.
As for the remote control, I mounted it in the removable bright mahogany panel in the after bulkhead just over the tiller shaft. So it sits athwartships just under the nameplate and the cables zip into the starboard locker, through the after bulkhead, circle the lazarette under the deck and hook up to the motor(thirteen feet). The Nissan is a generous and sturdy remote, but it fits and works perfectly there and is out of harms way.
Wiring up was a breeze and for the main power cables to the battery under the companionway, I spliced in a nice "tangleproof" twin type jumper cable with the ends cut off and modified. The idle exhaust port was fitted with a copper tube fitting which connects to a transom through hull.
Top speed is equal to or better that the 15hp Evinrude it replaced, and it is much lighter and quieter. Probably the 8hp would be satisfactory in most cases.
Overall, a great and happy repower.