+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: A-205 Sirocco

Bill, I read those posts shortly after posting these new photos. So, I headed off to Lowes and picked up three 60# tubes of sand; the stuff people put in the back of their vehicles for traction in snow and ice. The bags fit into the chain locker easily and after loading them I took another photo. She looks much better now. I also took her out for a sail in light air and with the jib I was able to push her to 4.9 knots.
    Attached Images  

Jon ,
    The old girl looks great ,condrads.

Steve

Thank you Steve. I'm pleased that you like her. If you're ever down my way please don't hesitate to look us up. Jon

Aaahhhhh..............

Balance sure can change the looks can't it? Looks great now.
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147
    A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiam.

One of the things I failed to mention about Sirocco's refurb is that we installed an onboard air conditioner. The system has outlets in the V-berth and in the main cabin and the AC has turned out to be a great addition on these blazing hot Oklahoma days.

Jon

What is the model of the A/C unit you installed?
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147

Jerry, I believe that it's a 6000 BTU MarinAire. The unit priced out at about $1100.00 give or take. I think I can use it with battery power, but I only use it with shore power. Works great though and I'm glad we put it in.

Jon

I think I found a link to the unit you are talking about. Is this it?

http://www.marinaire.com/ProductDeta...uctCode=MSB6K2

Very interesting unit. Florida nights can be very hot and very muggy so I can see the advantage of something like this.
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147

Now that Sirocco is back in the water...you need to start preparing for the Good Old Boat regatta!

It starts and finishes right off of Greenbury point!
    -km
    aka, "sell out"
    S/V Beyond the Sea
    C&C 35 mkIII

Gosh, I sure would love to do that. Perhaps some day I will. I am anxious to see how events unroll around here on Lake Oolagah on Independence Day. Should be a madhouse but I'll be in the mix.
    Attached Images  

Sirocco was splashed in June of this year and the heat of the summer kept her in her slip most of the time. Seasonal temps have changed though and I've been sailing her by myself and with my wife for the last month and we're having a great time. I'm also upgrading some of the repair work that was done by the marina that was responsible for her refurb....such as installing backing plates on all of the stanchion bases and mooring cleats. You'd have thought the turn key deal I made with these guys would have included that much attention to the detail of her refurb but it apparently didn't and I've come to the conclusion that I'll never let them work on her again.

One of the other repairs that I requested was that these craftsmen build Sirocco's companion way and engine cover to match the original but I ended up with the setup in this picture. I'm wondering if anyone has an original companion way, engine cover and side table for sale? If you have, please give me a shout and let's talk about price.
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread