Thread: Masts!?!

Threaded View

Masts!?!

Thanks to everyone for their input on the dodger issue. As someone once wrote a while back on this forum, '...good stuff here.' We've got some new lines drawn and they've grown on me such that it's time to get out the foamcore, cardboard and tape so we can see what it looks like in three dimensions. Still want to see more pics of Houdini's bimini and dodger. Sounds like an ideal spot for a late afternoon cocktail. Steve has/had a nice set-up on Sirroco but he's seemed to vanished. Gene sez yes, Theis sez no and Ebb....Ebb's coloring outside the lines and that's allright by me. But the real question here is....
    The big stick!
    Do we all use the slides on our crafts? Anyone here been so adventurous to 'put a groove on' (been dying to say that) or maybe a track and cars? The other boats in my past have all had grooves and slugs and never gave me any problems. I don't know what to expect for perfomance from this set up. Obviously they must work or there would be some mention of it before now. Anybody have horror stories about sticky slides? How about accolades of the remarkable engineering behind them? How about words of caution regarding changing, like 'why would you drill 300 new holes in you mast?'

Attached Images