+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Discussions

Oh, that old rag?

km#3 that fine looking trailer is a home made 'jobby'. We live in the Land of 10,000 Lakes but I couldn't find a trailer that was suitable as was or to rebuild. Looked and called around for months but ran out of time so we built one using measurments based off of the craddle she sat on 600 miles away. Gutsy, confident or just plain stupid! Guilty on all three I guess.
    The plan was to just back right into the warehouse with inches to spare but what actually happened was...we backed up close enough for allignment then blocked the wheels, unhooked the trailer, flipped the reciever drop on the hitch upside-down, let the air out of the tires and hooked-up again to tuck the stern rail under the door. I knew the cabin top was about two inches lower than the stern rail/push pit and the bow pulpit so that would clear and once we got to the bow pulpit we just flipped the reciever drop right side up and continued back into place. Easy as pie! The original plan was to use some rims that were cut down to a smaller diameter yet large enough to protect the drums. However, it hasn't been cold enough here to keep the ground frozen solid and we would have just dug up our yard bad.

Ebb-permission? On Ebb's photo gallery?

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    Photos demonstrate how to launch a jetski from a trailer.

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/genera...ges/jetski.gif
    Last edited by commanderpete; 12-14-2002 at 04:20 AM.

Hey Tony - I don't suppose you have any plans or specs for that fine looking trailer...?

trailer plans

Mary
    I think I do still have those original plans. being the High tech kind of guy that I am they are drawn to scale on christmas wrapping paper!! No kidding-it just happened to be the only thing we had on hand at the time that was large enough. I caught a lot flak from my dad and brother but in the end it worked good enough to put a license on it. If for some reason the state museum of science won't give up the plans, I could easily get the info you'd need to fab one yourself. And, as if that isn't torture enough, we snapped photos of the building process too!
    Tony G

trailer

home-made?.....not in my home.....
    are those torsional axles vice leaf-springs?
    and how did you get the baked-on white enamel?

and i notice that your fine sailing vessel is registered in ILL, my homestate and current state of record.

you know, if i ever move back there, and want to take #3 with me, i might ask to rent that from you.... but that is years off (2.5+ to be exact)

-km#3

trailer drawings

Due to funding cut-backs and lack of special interest group donations the State and National Historical Whatever has informed me that the drawings of 113's trailer are available. I'm going to attempt to copy them but I don't know how they'll turn out as some of the lines are a bit light. Hopefully they can adjust the machine to give a decent copy. I so, for a small fee to cover copying and shipping (no handling fees here folks) and a full compliance agreement to a non-negotiable waiver of liability, you too can own a piece of history complete with up dated notes of changes made by the builders. Act now!

Seriously, I'm going to make full sized copies available if anyone is interested. I'll need to get an idea of how many people want a copy. Also, I will send a small attachment with each set that explains any deviation from the plans we made and some things I might consider if I were to do it again. However, the fees for copying and shipping are real as my lovely fiancee has informed me that any cost incured for this does not come out of OUR checking account, instead comes out of my boat fund! Therefore, consider me chiseler extraordinair!

Hi Tony G.
    Love to see your plans. Been thinking hard about a trailor to
    maintain some boatyard independance. For some reason the pictures won't load
    but from the sounds of it, the trailor and boat are a couple of beauties.
    Keep me posted ,
    Cheers B.
    Commander #215

Trailer Plans

Tony,

Consider me a definite for a copy of those trailer plans and building information. Let us know how much and where to send it.

Thanks!

Tim Lackey
    tlackey@triton381.com

Count Me In

Add another, Tony
    Kent

Trailer plans

Tony,

Is your offer still available...? Count me in too.

Russ

How do you do it...

Commander, you have a great life, just out sailing around , picking up hot chicks, taking their pictures, surfing the web for interesting boat stuff...Sweet!!!

Originally posted by commanderpete
    Photos demonstrate how to launch a jetski from a trailer.

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/genera...ges/jetski.gif
    To error is human
    To Sail is divine... Book of French

The offer still stands. So far we're at six interested parties and I haven't forgotten. Work has really been busy since the first of the year and I'm not finding a slot to borrow time from. 'Been able to note a few things and snap a few photos and dig up some files but not get it all orchestrated into a coherent mess to send out! We hired some more help this morning so I'll get a break soon if they stick around. Seven days a week since October and I'm getting cranky and itchy Geoff and Ebb aren't looking so crazy after all!

Ariel trailer plans

Tony - Tony - Tony - I surely would like a set of those plans. What's the chances that you have a set I can purchase? thanks, mark

Mark
    You're crazy! You can't trailer an Ariel! It'll never work out! Actually believe it not I just finished piecing together the first package this morn. Yes, nearly ten months later and only a week or two to go. I'll be contacting people as more copies are made and sending them out. Fair warning-it's not as pretty as those sailing mags we all subscribe to. But it's big!

trailers for sale, or rent, - or build

Thanks Tony, I'd like a set of plans. Let me know the $'s and I'll send them along. Thanks Mark

+ Reply to Thread