+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trailer Discussions

Hybrid View

Kyle, If your uprights are adjustable you need not worry, you place the boat on the trailer where you want it. All 6 upright supports on the cradle are fixed and there less than 6 inches difference in height, surely you will have that much adjustment in your uprights.. On the two home made trailers I have, where the cutaway begins on the keel, sits an inch or two forward of the front axle. I tow with a 3500 series dual wheel pickup and it works perfect for me.
    If, when the crane sets your boat on the trailer and your tow truck squats too much stop and move the boat back 6 inches and set the boat down again. adjust the uprights to meet the hull and your good, then adjust the bow stop to meet the boat.
    This works for me and my tows have been over 1000 miles
    PS As mentioned earlier I also added one frame crossmember just forward of the front axle to support the extra forward weight of a sailboat when converting a PB trailer to a Sail trailer

When I look at your trailer I think I would add two crossmembers, it appears you don't have any where you would support the keel. Also looking at your picture, the rear crossmember may need to be raised to fit inside the frame rails and not below it.... maybe. Carl
    Last edited by carl291; 12-06-2010 at 02:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread