+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS TBD looking for pricing info

Question FS TBD looking for pricing info

I am considering selling Ariel IB #250 "Fluent" and looking for advice on what a selling price could be.
    Located on Buzzards Bay Massachusetts
    One owner for 40 years
    Almost totally rebuilt over the years, FWC diesel (600 hrs), replaced mast & rigging, full race equipment & sails, Awlgrip topsides 2019, Awlgrip deck 2020 (epoxy sealed, fittings rebedded, no soft spots)

Alameda County Assessors Office thinks your inboard yacht would be worth $6,000. At least one sold for that around here in the past couple of years. Mostly Ariels and Commanders seem to be selling for $3k or less . . . A photo of the boat out of the water seems to help.

A lot will depend on how she looks, but these days the kids are all Wow'ed by the bleach bottle dock condos with Frenchish-sounding names that they see their YouTube heroes buying/fixing and/or glamsailing around.
    In other words, there seems to be not much appreciation, market-wise, for a good solid simple and capable boat like an Ariel. I find thsi sad, but indicative and not surprising. Anyway...
    If you can make her look good in pics on your listing, and if not in a hurry to sell, I'd put a price on her at $4-4.5K and expect to get haggled a bit, maybe even down 1K - but she'll likely end up in the hands of someone who knows what they are getting, and will understand the value that represents with a good diesel in her and lots of loving maintenance over her life.
    Kurt - Ariel #422 Katie Marie
    --------------------------------------------------
    sailFar.net
    Small boats, long distances...

+ Reply to Thread