+ Reply to Thread

Thread: C-274 Old Glory

C-274 Old Glory

Name:  OldGlory.png
Views: 444
Size:  376.4 KB

Greetings to the group. My name is Karl Kuhrman. I am the proud new owner of a 1966 Pearson Commander, Hull # 274, "Old Glory". She is in storage now at Crowley's boat yard in Chicago, IL but will be moored in Montrose Harbor, Chicago, after May 1, 2020.

I have quite a bit of work to do before the sailing season starts. Old Glory did not receive the love she deserves, according to one previous owner. Well, I love old boats and I love a challenge.

I hope to learn from the forum about the nuances of the Ariel's and Commanders. For example, I read trying to fix the coaming can present the DiY-er with a nasty surprise and I've got a coaming separated from the hull. But that's the least of my worries in a rather long list of repairs ahead of this Skipper.

Apart from being Old Glory's new Skipper, I'm father of four little sailors, husband to a loveable land lubber, and best friend to a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling retriever named, Oliver. I'm also handy with building things and repairs.

Happy Sailing!

Karl

Hey Karl,
    Welcome and congrats on your new Commander.
    The forum isn't super active nowadays unfortunately, but there is a ton of info here that you can use. Best to use google to search: "siteearsonariel.org tilller" for example. Search bar here is a little less effective.
    Friendly group. Ask away if you have questions. Just might take a bit.
    Pictures are great too.
    Smooth sailing!
    Kyle

Ahoy! I spent some of the past weekend reading the rudder thread in the forum. It is a treasure trove of helpful information and my first major restoration job will be repairing the rudder on my Commander. I'm 79 days from my early launch date and Old Glory needs quite a bit of TLC.

+ Reply to Thread