Grindel is still afloat but he has not been sailing since 1 and a half years. I did a lot of work that was not planned because I realized that most of the wood was rotten. I started with the traveler the wood below was rotten and when we sheet in the rail lifted and the water was pouring into the cabin or the back box. after I replaced and strengthened the stanchion fixation and the deck under the winch.
I remove the scupper of the deck and I made them in the back with the evacuation in the well of the outboard. I redid and reinforced all the support under the cokpit. I redid the kitchen. I am doing a tank of about 100 liters in the bilge I deleted 4 thruhull that was not used anymore. I have refurbished with epoxy resin and fiber or replaced wood panels with PVC foam and fiber (airex). I remove as much as possible of brass screws that have become copper screws and break when we try to unscrew them. I removed all layers of antifouling and I found a dozen osmosis blisters that I treated with epoxy after I had 4 layers of epoxy primer, I removed the packing glans of the old engine inboard (now I have a Yamaha outbord 8Hp) and plugged the hole in the hull and rudder. I reinforced the partission to fix the chain-plate (water had returned and the partition of the back had started to rot).I replaced all the hinges.
I still have to do the strongback. I have a deck area where the balsa is rotten, I will make a fridge instead of the cooler, all the electricity, go up all the inside and outside (coaming, running hand, pulpit .....) repaint the entire hull and interior. replace the wood of the entrance and the rail of the roof deck. visit the mat but I think I will have to change it and all shroud because they are original they are 56 years old.
I just bought a trailer and I'm putting it in the shape of the Ariel to bring the boat home because I'm wasting too much time on the road.