Hi Christian! I too would love to see some photos of your boat! It sounds like we are doing some of the same jobs - draining cockpit out of back instead of scuppers, modifying interior, strengthening mast structure, water tanks in bilges...

I will post some of my own soon. #422 Katie Marie, the interior is gutted stem to stern right now, and the mid berths (settees) are the first things going back in, to serve as water tanks along with the bilge. Between the two berths and the bilge, I have estimated there will be nearly 120 US gallons of tankage available. Each berth will be 2 separate tanks. Not that all of that is needed necessarily, but it makes for space that will work towards creating flotation/buoyancy as the water is used, or if the tank is simply left empty. I do not plan on carrying a liferaft, working instead to make the boat unsinkable due to watertight partitioning of space inside the hull. That said, I hope I never need it!

Here you can see my boss, looking in thru the new forward end of the cockpit, making sure I do the job right!
Name:  barqueBoss.jpg
Views: 2063
Size:  80.8 KB