+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new mast

Hybrid View

According to the drawing on P-162 of the ACYA manual, the A-C mast is .130 inch thick. Pounds per foot 2.338. Extruder was Alcoa # T-1812. Alloy 6061T6. A-C mast length 30'-3"

This same mast is also found on the Triton, but five feet longer than the A-C mast. It's possible that a "used" Triton mast could be a less expensive alternative to new. Note too that Rig-Rite, Inc produces the boom for the A-C yachts (Pearson Yachts RR #3522). They also may be able to help with the mast.

Rig-Rite, Inc
    63 Centerville Rd
    Warwick, RI 02886
    401-739-1140
    www.rigrite.com

thank you, but I think I'm the only Ariel in France and only 60 Triton were made by Jouet and I think there are not any more. I was asking for mast feature because I saw profiles and they are either much smaller or slightly larger in width. But those slightly larger are between 2.9 and 3.2 kg / m which is below 2.338 Pounds per foot (2.54kg / m). I did not really want to soften the mat since it is overdimensioned.
    when i go to remove the mast I will try to keep it but it has already been shorten 3 inches and the base is corroded and split on 1 inch.

+ Reply to Thread