Theis, Your are correct we don't have life lines. I took them off so long ago I forgot about them. It would be a little more difficult to place the track but I think it still could be done. The nice part about how it went down for me was that I was able to follow the edge of the non skid. This gave a clean line to follow so I didn't end up with any waves.

I too have seen the ends pull up on other boats. So the outer track is set to take loads similar as the inner. For the 125% jib the leads are located three screw heads aft (9"+/-) to start and for the genoa about 18" forward of the aft end.

We also have a car that we will slide on the outer track that sets just aft of the after lower and on it we will attach a block for twingers that are use for the spinnaker.

This whole system went on about three years ago and I love it. With all that extra track we have so many more options in setting up and trimming the sails. I have looked at the Garhauer web page and drooled over their adjustable jib cars. Just can't bring myself to spend the money yet. But I assure you as soon as we go on the next loosing streak the wallet will come out and more go fast toys will be added (<: .........ed