Thread: jib track placement

Threaded View

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bill@ariel231 View Post
    Rico

With your permission, i'll offer one more option. A-231's tracks run from the chain plates to aft to the winches just inboard of the rail. I found this easy to fasten (it is a flat run). This works with my 110%, the 130% and allowed me to place a cleat Amidships.

I'll eventually add another set of tracks where your drawing shows the green line once i add a blade to the sail locker.
    Thanks Bill,

I've had my eye on those cleat sliders. They are definitely handy amidships. It seems that you run your sheets OUTSIDE of the shrouds/stay. Is this correct?

I've considered installing the tracks just inside the toerail... It seems simpler as far as the fastening & backing... I do have a nice 10' piece of track that would conflict with my scupper holes... I'll have to put my thinking cap on and figure out how to get proper bedding for the track fasteners. Some big washers over a 2-3" wide strip of 1/2" starboard, or 1/8" Aluminum plate should look (and act) the part; I am thinking...

I've spent some quality time down in the lockers and I came out thinking that it was not as bad as I remembered... I even filled-in a small section of the rail to test the results...
    I will report back shortly...

Lucky Dog,
    I've looked through LD's gallery (again) and I need to hire your photographer!

I really like the contrast you get with your bright hull... Mine always looks better in person than in the pictures especially with the sun in the back which makes my red waterline look black! (That's what I get with the gray, huh...)
    Awesome shots. I really like the one you have up on post #75...

Anyway thank you for the pictures. What size genoa do you fly? (Do you have the measurement of the foot?)

I saw in post #27 that LD's PO filled in the gap and covered it with a bit of glass... Maybe with the VERY thick resin & glass all you'd really need would be the nut as shown by your experience. Perhaps you'd be really secure with just a fender (big) washers in the middle run and maybe a plate washer at the ends... Seems pretty strong!

Quote Originally Posted by commanderpete View Post

The red track might work, with two swivel blocks--an adjustable block towards the front and one "permanent" block at the back leading to the winch.

Maybe a block on the green track to a block on the purple track and then to the winch.

It might help to go sailing and step on the jib sheet
    Commanderpete; Utilizing the car on the rail track (purple) as you suggest seems like the ticket to ensure proper sheet placement.
    I will be spending some quality time this weekend stepping on jibsheets and putting pencil marks on the deck! I HAVE to get these puppies ON!

UPDATE: Jib tracks are on!
    http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussi...ead.php?t=1552
    Post #99
    Last edited by Rico; 06-23-2009 at 06:14 PM.