Hello all. Firstly can I state how relieved I am to have discovered this Forum, and to be provided the opportunity to participate and benefit! Our Ariel here in Bermuda is at present "unknown". Haven't as yet been able to obtain any data on her past ownership. I believe she's one of two Ariels here. Compared to many of the "before" photos posted by members on this forum, "Cranberry" is in really good shape.
My son and I will commence repairs to the delamination on deck - imminently. Awaiting the importation of the foam we'll use in place of the compromised balsa......
I have acquired 2 plates of 3/16" bronze - both plates approx. 2'x3'. I found them partially buried amongst assorted nautical/naval items and chandlery in a ruined building of our historic Royal Navy Dockyard.
I want to have a set of chainplates fabricated to replace the existing (small and seemingly inadequate) internal chainplates - I personally like the the look of the external hull mounts in bronze.
So I'm new here. The learning curve will be steep. I welcome any advice and guidance you guys are willing to impart.
I'm gonna post pictures. I reckon to spend most of 2018 on the refit and modifications.
"fruits of my Labor" is inspiring.
I also want to convert her salon layout more like "Braveheart".
So please be patient with me fellas.