Hybrid View

You can obtain exact replacements in bronze from

Port Townsend Foundry LLC
    251 Otto St.
    Port Townsend WA. 98368
    Phone: 360/385-6425
    ptf@olypen.com

Attn: Peter R. Langley

As noted in the "sticky" above, Port Townsend has all the original patterns for early Pearson yachts. Check with them. It might help to give them the Rostand part number as shown in the appendix to the manual.

I couldn’t find anybody with the original molds. Port Townsend Foundry either doesn’t have them or they didn’t feel like dealing with me. We did some emails back and forth but nothing came of it. However, I had success with New Found Metals, also in Port Townsend Washington. They didn't have an equivalent they did have a larger portlight that worked out perfectly.

The original holes in the v-berth had to be enlarged but I’m really happy with the result. They look good and there is an increase in light and ventilation. I purchased 2 oval stainless steel 5” x 12” (model 512OSS), the teak spacers, and butyl sealant. They also provided a template that made it easier to cut the right shape in the cabin. New Found Metals was recommended to me by the owner at Blue Pelican Marine chandlery in Alameda, and I’m thankful to him. Richard at New Found Metals was extremely helpful. I recommend him highly. These portlights cost about $275 each. The teak spacers were about $60 each. The template cost $20 (100 deposit, $80 refunded upon return.
    Last edited by Robert; 05-03-2020 at 04:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread