+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hull Builders Plate ... need graphics file

Hull Builders Plate ... need graphics file

Greetings and Happy New Year to y'all. Hoping to create a replacement for a Pearson builder's plate. The current plate is broke, has Rhode Island address and the old style flag with the P and trident.
    Does anyone have a graphics file or 3d printer file that renders the plate? I've found a few that cast in metal.

Bests,

Bristol Bronze had a reproduction Pearson builder's plate in bronze. He used to advertise in Good Old Boat, but I've not seen an ad for awhile.

I can get the builders plate reproduced in metal (Bronze or Brass) via 3D printing, but need a very good photo and dimensions to build a 3D model of the plate for conversion to STL for 3D printing. Can someone help out with the dimensions? I need height, width, and overall thickness. I do have a couple of not-so-good photos, but a good, sharp, close-up would be ideal. I need a new plate for A107. Hers is missing. I have 2 3d Printers that are capable of printing the plate in plastic, but I can get it printed in metal, if preferred.
    Last edited by Thor; 01-09-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Not a great photo in Post 12, but... - http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussi...5370#post15370

I thought we were talking about the cast metal type builders plate that mounts interior to the cabin such as this?
    Attached Images  

The Pearson builder's plate was originally mounted from the factory on the vertical bulkhead below the lazarette. The factory location at the time was Bristol, RI. The above photo is of a "Bristol Bronze" repo builder's plate made from a plate from a later model Pearson yacht. Original A-C plates have blue porcelain surrounding chrome lettering.

Ah....Ok. That makes sense! I guess "Lilly" is not missing hers then.

+ Reply to Thread