+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: Ariel near Milwaukee, WI or Lake Michigan

Hybrid View

Wanted: Ariel near Milwaukee, WI or Lake Michigan

Hi, I'm looking to buy a Pearson Ariel located near Milwaukee, WI or anywhere on Lake Michigan.

If it's further away and you have a trailer available, that works too.

Thanks!

Commander in WI

There is a nice Commander listed in sailboat listings in Milwaukee. Not sure if it is still available.
    http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/57878

From what I understand the command has a larger cockpit and smaller cabin? That's why I'm pretty sure I'm narrowed down to an ariel versus a commander.

I have two Ariels up for grabs. Unfortunately they are both on the West Coast. And I know of another one sitting on the hard going to seed that could be had for a couple hundred dollars. Also West Coast. Try and find a trailer, there are three out here ready for a trip!!! Everyone loves a road trip!!!!

If I can find a trailer, I would definitely be interested.

Can you email me some photos and how much you're asking?

LeeAllenSchmidt@gmail.com

Thanks!

Sorry I haven’t been able to send anything. Long days on the road and in training. I will put together some photos and information Friday and email it all out to you.
    Take care and enjoy.
    Greg

MI based 1966 Ariel #392

I have my 1966 Arial Too Contagious for sale in Marine City, Michigan (small town 60 miles north of Detroit). Currently stored inside at the marina. It has a custom cradle. Overall, hull is in great shape. Has a 10 hp diesel inboard, more sails than you would know what to do with. The ones I've used are in excellent shape.

Ideally, I would suggest a sail up St. Clair River, into Lake Huron. A great sail up the eastern shores of Lake Huron, and then finally down the western shores of Lake Michigan. A LOT more fun than trailering it.

Decking at the bow pulpit is soft on the port side, but pretty easy to redo in a week. (Side deck was repaired from the cabin and it came out great.) Engine probably will need some work.

Here are a few pics, but pretty messy since it is in winter storage.
    Attached Images    
    Too Contagious (1966 Ariel #392)

Louisville, KY; formerly, Denver, Colo., Gunnison, Colo.
    i have hull 7 for sale in Louisville, ky. With trailer. 6 hp nissan. almost new main;70% genoa Good shape; 55% genoa, ok shape; telephone me if you're interested @ (502) 4263512. Patrickcarrico. plenty of photos.

+ Reply to Thread