Thanks for doing the leg work to put this together each year for the group. As a past competitor I wish more people and boats could/would show up for this event. The Ariel/Commander are great little yachts and without people willing to come out and join, the day is coming I’m afraid that the organization that supports all of us is just going to fade away.
This little regatta has been going for many decades and has always been about the social aspect of the sailing more that the competition. We had as many as twelve and more boats show up for this event, and they would come from all over. I can recall even having people sail with us on Pathfinder that came from New York and Chicago. Local boats came from all over northern CA.
This boat class is important to the history of yacht design and class racing to just let it fade away. I encourage you, if able please join in with the fun. My home port of Santa Cruz coined the phrase of “Fast is Fun”, how about the Hoppe Regatta use the words “FREE and FUN" . Have a great weekend all……..ed
[B][/B]