Thread: My boat got tossed last week.

Threaded View

Unhappy My boat got tossed last week.

It's still in a tent, which provided cover for the thief.
    At first, nothing seemed missing, tools, vacuum. Looking down the c.way, it was a peculiar
    mess, thought it must be a couple kids 'on a lark'. Well, straightening things up discovered
    not any real maliciousness, but that someone had looked into every nook and cranny,
    even the water filters were unscrewed, every carton overturned, every locker lid removed.
    Even unscrewed the deck plate covers on the empty water tank under the cabin sole.
    Right, wasn't kids. Had to be a junky, because it was looking for drugs.

It took my collection of mostly Fuller taper bits -- a little pouch, made by my ex, full of
    odd bits of every sort, have a feeling something else haven't noticed missing yet...
    Strange he took them, left a lot of good stuff,

But he took two irreplaceable bronze caps (that's what Buck-Algonquin calls them) that
    he laboriously unscrewed from deckplates in the cabin sole. He didn't see the one he left
    behind. Rotter!!!
    No, they're not Buck's. Their plates are not waterproof. Perko's are always weird and have
    no O-rings either. probably won't hear back from Spartan, and Bristol Bronze never made them.

Does anyone here have an idea where one looks for the better half of a bronze deckplate?

Full deckplate is 7.5" diameter. The screwin cap is 5 1/4" D. Web search didn't locate any
    high-end makers, or importers. Got a deal from Mariners Hardware, now out of
    business. They're beautifully cast and perfectly machined, seal with a 1/8" O-ring under
    an exact 1/8" flange I thought perfect for the 32gal water-tank built in under the cabin sole.
    Calling local pawn shops, and a scrap metal place in Petaluma Must have pissed him off
    ...so to teach me a lesson for not leaving my stash for him find!!!

MOLDED INSIDE THE SCREW-IN CAP
    Make a gorgeous paperweight, for paperclips and toothpicks - if you're fixated on number 5.
    Inside, in the bowl of the cap is a very friendly 1" long raised, full bellied numeral 5
    flourished with a pointed tail, centered in a circle of flawlessly sand cast copper-gold. Only
    now, with the others gone, am I counting the ways of this beautiful tool.

Ideas?
    Last edited by ebb; 10-17-2016 at 10:37 AM.