I do like the boat - but I like sailing more. I am fully capable of rebuilding the A-4 - but when will that happen? That is my problem. Even the outboard 'solution' wouldn't me sailing before spring. The boat is hauled now and my Club pulls the boats and the moorings before November 1 every year. So this year is effectively shot.

Sure: all kinds of ideas intrigue me: maybe a rehabbed block from Moyer and then use all/most of the already-new parts from the present engine to build something bulletproof and test run it here on an engine stand before installing it.

But really . . . . no time. And if I am going to spend several thousand on the Ariel - why not just buy a more ready-to-go boat and save the hassle? Hell; I just turned down a Morgan 25 yesterday for $1.00 A Dollar! <g> Decent boat, well equipped, all set up to use an outboard. Every time I see something like that it becomes even more disheartening to contemplate doing all the work on this boat.

PHM
-------

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
Sorry we didn't convince you!!!

Have to admit it's a bit unfair that a nasty ole OB has to sway your decision to get rid of your
Ariel.

You sound employed.
Bite the bullet.
Why not consider an electric OB? Torqeedo Cruise have an extra long shaft, 29" I believe,
if they measure it from the clamp to the prop. You'll have to put up with high cost and the
battery thing. But if the gas engine, its smell and its negative issues weighs so strong in your
decision to sell what is a really marvelous little sailboat... perhaps going electric with PV
panels is more of a solution that will inspire.

Good luck!