338 is still out of her element on the hard and i'm wondering if anyone has filled the 'empty spaces' in the lead keel area and how they did it? What kind of space is actually there (a pints worth, a gallon...?) you know, how well does the ballast fit the mold? Is there garbage in there like sawdust or balsa?
I think the water is out - and I know one way is to drill a number of small holes a few inches apart vertically in the suspect hollow areas and squirt in the plastic from the bottom up. But why not drill some holes inside on the top of the encapsulation to dribble in the plastic?
And there seems to be some advantage to using polyester, it's cheaper, if there's quantity envolved, and you can adjust for a longer liquid stage for more thoro penetration and less heat. What about vinyester here? More possible adhesion? Epoxy won't crystalize like polyester and could make a real solid impact resistant fix. The reason for doing it Any ideas on this befor I make another rash decision? {I'm sorry if I missed this in the Manual} ebb