+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: C-025 Bisquit

That must be the deck fitting for an original cowl vent. There are pics somewhere on here...

Looking awesome! Are those your polished aluminum fittings, yet to be coated? Capt. Ebb had his deadlight frames anodized...
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Great work on Bisquit!

I have much of that original hardware, but ended up having to replace the bow and stern chocks with SS. That old pot metal isn't super strong - two of them broke in storms and..... too Humpty Dumpty to put them together again.

The fitting on the foredeck is for a cowl vent. These photos are of Lucky Dawg's vent. It screws in and has a pin with a spring at the bottom (that you may be able to see) so that you can point it any 360* direction and lock it temporarily in that in place. I've toyed with painting the inside red, but haven't done so as of yet.

Name:  cowlvent.JPG
Views: 1065
Size:  48.5 KB

pix are from this http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussi...6043#post16043

Kyle, I was hoping it was for a cowl vent. That is really cool. Now all I have to do is find one. At least I know what I am looking for.
    Mike, The fittings are just polished now. I'll have to ask Capt Ebb what anodizing process he used.

Thanks!

Phil

Mine came with Lucky Dawg. I think Mike (C227) glassed over his vent hole and he has redone a couple additional Commanders. Maybe he has one? Seems logical that other Pearson models of the era might have the same part.

The one on Maika'i was gone by 1978

1956 Lonestar Meteor

Name:  56 Lone Star Meteor.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  151.8 KB

Check this thing out. The woman who does our varnish work managed a barn find up near the Wisconsin border. It will need a complete renovation (house paint over the gel coat and some other well intentioned improvements) but overall it is in good shape and mostly original including the Mercury Outboard. This outboard does not have a transmission. Instead it has two starters, coils and distributors. You start the boat in gear and go - there is no neutral. To stop you pull the shifter to the center position and it shuts the engine down. To put he engine in reverse you pull the shifter back and press the start button. This engages the second starter, coil and distributor and the engine runs in the other direction. They were know as "dockbusters" Too bad I already have a project.

Falls Flier?

Looks like the old Falls Flier... They didn't have headlights tho. Those old Mercurys were prized by the racing hydroplanes As there are no gears in the lower units it's a lot smaller/less drag. Unfortunately I do not have a air scoop for you.
    Mike

Re: the ventilator hood. Check the recent post in the Off Topic forum about scrapping Ariel - 203. It was in the same family for most of its existence, so the hood, etc., may still exist. If not, the dismantler claims to have a large inventory of old Pearson yacht hardware.

Here you go! This guy has one: James - captainharkins@hotmail.com
    From Bill's post about the Ariel being parted out.
    http://www.marinesalvagemaine.com

Kyle - Thanks! I'll contact him

Bisquit No More

I have officially renamed Bisquit. She shall hereinafter be know as The Gail Grace (gg) for short. She has been out of paint for a while and I am just about through with installing all of the hardware and brightwork. I lead all of the halyards, the single line reefing, outhaul etc. aft. The hullsides are painted with Awl Grip "Downeast Red" a custom color they make for Morris Yachts. The deck is painted with Awl Grip in Oyster White with sprayed on nonskid. I designed a logo for the boat and incorporated it in the nonskid. You just get a cheap vinyl version of the logo cut and after you spray the smooth and it has dried - before you spray the nonskid you put the decal down. You go ahead and spray all the nonskid areas and then peel the graphic after the nonskid has dried. I have been meaning to post some pics of the progress but you know how that goes. I had custom scupper grills made in 316 stainless by a place that uses water jetting to cut them from stainless steel. Time to start the next project. I'm going to re-power her with a little Yanmar diesel.

Name:  2015-12-19 15.49.42.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  68.5 KB

Attachment 9744

Name:  2015-12-10 17.15.12.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  37.0 KB

Name:  2015-12-21 12.10.56.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  55.3 KB

Name:  2015-12-10 17.15.29.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  22.3 KB
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bisquit; 01-01-2016 at 03:33 PM.

WOW! What an amazing transformation! Beautiful boat.
    Love the logo in the gel coat, great idea.
    I hope you get as much joy out of GG as we have from The Princess.
    Mike

Cool beautyful work

Sorry if I missed it in your text....

great idea using gg bronzes for scupper covers!

For your cockpit drains also?
    Last edited by ebb; 01-01-2016 at 09:45 AM.

Thanks, I can't wait to sail her this summer. The whole family is excited. I had the shop cut 8 logos. $265 for the lot. Two for the scuppers, two for the cockpit drains, one for a hatch board, one for the Christmas tree and two extras. I have a cockpit grate that I have to modify slightly so you can still see the covers. I'll post some pics of that when I am done.

Great work on GG! That hull color is a knock out. Morris Yachts has a way of bringing a lot of subtleties together to make one stunning boat. It looks like you have the same knack. The only bad thing I can see is it is a looooong wait until summer in this latitude.
    My home has a keel.

+ Reply to Thread