Thread: C-025 Bisquit

Threaded View

Repower Continued

All of the prep work for the engine bed and the engine compartment is done. The engine had to go further forward than I originally thought to get low enough in the boat to sit below the cockpit floor. Not a problem. I cut a little into the wasted space under the companionway. The batteries will go on the starboard side. I am going to reconfigure the starboard settee to be a galley, nav station and house all of the mechanicals forward of the lazzerette. Some choices I made.
    • I put in an inspection hatch on the port side that I will be able to access from the pt lazzerette.
    • I am also putting in an inspection hatch in the cockpit floor. I was originally against this but I realized that if I needed to do any serious repairs the access I will get from the hatch in the cabin and the inspection port will not be enough. I will have to monitor for leakage.
    • The fuel tank will sit on the shelfe above the stuffing box.
    • I'm using a dripless stuffing box made by Volvo Penta. Inexpensive, easy to install and in stock. https://shop.crowleys.com/eSource3/S.../_VP%203819724
    • The fuel filter, water intake throughull and the water strainer will be forward, accessible inside the cabin engine hatch

The engine goes in this afternoon.

Name:  2016-03-05 08.13.41.jpg
Views: 2454
Size:  45.6 KB

Name:  2016-03-05 08.14.35.jpg
Views: 2527
Size:  41.0 KB

Name:  2016-03-05 08.14.16.jpg
Views: 2455
Size:  40.8 KB
    Attached Images