+ Reply to Thread

Thread: C-025 Bisquit

Hybrid View

The one on Maika'i was gone by 1978

1956 Lonestar Meteor

Name:  56 Lone Star Meteor.jpg
Views: 1598
Size:  151.8 KB

Check this thing out. The woman who does our varnish work managed a barn find up near the Wisconsin border. It will need a complete renovation (house paint over the gel coat and some other well intentioned improvements) but overall it is in good shape and mostly original including the Mercury Outboard. This outboard does not have a transmission. Instead it has two starters, coils and distributors. You start the boat in gear and go - there is no neutral. To stop you pull the shifter to the center position and it shuts the engine down. To put he engine in reverse you pull the shifter back and press the start button. This engages the second starter, coil and distributor and the engine runs in the other direction. They were know as "dockbusters" Too bad I already have a project.

Falls Flier?

Looks like the old Falls Flier... They didn't have headlights tho. Those old Mercurys were prized by the racing hydroplanes As there are no gears in the lower units it's a lot smaller/less drag. Unfortunately I do not have a air scoop for you.
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread