The boat is in a state of severe neglect. It will require a complete frame off restoration. When I am done, no matter how good the restoration, she will still not be worth much – but it is such a beautiful boat. Not as she lies but in my mind. She will have gleaming maroon hull sides, a classic white and buff deck and varnish so deep and smooth the teak underneath will appear to be floating just below the surface of still pond. Right now she is a sad. If I don’t rescue her she will go to the dump. We will cut the lead from the keel and sell the outboard and mast as scrap aluminum. The carcass will be hauled off to a landfill where it will be crushed and mixed in a stew of plastic packaging and potato peels and topped by a layer of soil in a pot pie of excess. I can’t let that happen.

I know better. I’ve been working in the marine industry for over 25 years. I’ve done everything from operating a travelift and working in the glass shop to sales and marketing. Smart people in this industry sail on other people’s boats – they don’t own them. I’ve owned boats but usually just long enough to clean them up and sell them. I should not start this project. I know better. I’m also not that smart.

I started a blog to track the progress and post musings. You can see it at:
https://bisquitreborn.wordpress.com/
I will have loads of questions