+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Original spar hardware available

Hybrid View

Exclamation Original spar hardware available

Rig-Rite, Inc. built spars for many earlier Pearson models including the Electra up through the Pearson 30's. Much of the Rig-Rite Spar Sections and Hardware for the Areil & Commander can still be found at:

http://www.rigrite.com/Spars/Pearson...3522_Boom.html

If you need a replacement boom, however, you’ll need to use the newer (and somewhat larger) Rig-Rite RR #4025 Boom Section. Of course, none of the hardware from you old #RR3522 boom will fit . . .

Hi,

I'm looking for a replacement jib halyard tang for the original mast. Does anyone know where to find one? I think it screws onto the front of the mast a few inches below the mast head. Ariel #393 didn't come with one, so I rigged the forestay AND jib halyard block to the masthead, but this now keeps me from using a spinnaker. Rigrite seems to sell forestay tangs, that might work, but it would be good to have input from those with direct experience!

We're also looking for a replacement bow pulpit (ours is bent) and a stern pulpit (never had one).

Thanks, Andy.
    Last edited by aoquinn; 07-06-2016 at 06:52 PM.

Hey Andy,
    I have a stern pulpit. You can have it, but the bugger is the shipping cost. Seems like I looked into it some time ago and it was maybe $200 to box and ship. I might be wrong. If you want me to look into it, it's easy to get an estimate at the UPS store. Pic below. You can see that it is designed to feed into lifelines / stanchions - which I also have all the hardware for. Everything you see lifeline-wise except the bow pulpit is forever removed from Lucky Dawg, so you can have what you want (or anyone else if Andy doesn't want it.) It has been collecting dust in my garage for several years now. Just PM me and we can discuss.

Name:  dawg.JPG
Views: 2341
Size:  46.1 KB

I can think of several shops here locally that could repair your bent bow pulpit. Surely there is one there that could help you out. If it is just deformed rather than creased, you may be able to (like I did) rent a tube bender (florescent green thing pictured - used for bending electrical conduit) and get it back in shape.

Name:  bent.jpg
Views: 2381
Size:  151.8 KB

Jib Halyard Tang

Andy,
    I may still have my old one. I reconfigured the mast and removed it. Let my check my box of miscellaneous bits and see if it is still there. If I have it, it is yours. I'll check tomorrow and let you know.

Phil

Kyle,
    Do you still have that stern pulpit? I'm in Baltimore but occasionally makes trips to Chicago to visit family. Thanks.

No luck so for on the tang but I'll keep looking.

Phil,

Thanks for looking!

Andy

jib tang

I have one.
    ..somewhere...
    Last edited by ebb; 08-21-2016 at 09:04 AM.

Name:  2016-10-27 11.31.46.jpg
Views: 2335
Size:  55.7 KB
    Andy,
    Did you ever get that tang? If this is what you are looking for I found mine today. I no longer need it. Happy to mail it off.

Excellent, Thanks Phil. I will private-message you with my address.

Original tang

Sorry no photo.
    The original is a single piece of the same hefty s.s material as the other rigging
    tangs, that was hung over the mast sheave. It has a squareish curved top
    with 3 holes on either vertical edge, that fills the area above the sheave cutout,
    with a flat bent-out tang at about the angle of the forestay for the staysl blocks,
    over the mast sheave opening.
    Like other tangs its attachment hole faced the mast, not 90degree like yours.

Mine was filled, since it really did not hug the mast curve very well, with a
    hard metallic substance that I thought was ancient bedding compound. But
    after cleaning, proved to actually be the compacted corroded oxide top of the
    mast. The top of the mast extrusion was completely eaten away. Might say
    the fixture held the sides of the mast together like a buttoned shirt and tie.
    The tang could have let go at any time because of block tension and yanking.

Because the ss tang is usually out of sight at top of mast, it must be insulated
    from the aluminum best as possible. Instead of tube rubber, suggest Mainesail's
    BED-IT butyl, because it is incredibly tenacious, and will make a 'live' gasket
    -- and Tefgel on screw threads. (keep Bed-It away from threads)
    Last edited by ebb; 10-29-2016 at 09:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread